Woof! The underdog is in the house. See what we did there? 😀
We’re excited to be one of the first crypto wallets to support SHIB, especially because of its vibrant, creative, and enthusiastic community. #resistanceisfutile
Everything you need to know about Shiba Inu tokens (SHIB)
Originally welcomed as a memecoin, SHIB has grown a lot from its early days, and there is serious money, development, and focus on the growing ecosystem.
The devoted fanbase, affectionately known as the SHIB Army, has helped rocket SHIB from relative obscurity to the 11th largest cryptocurrency as of this writing: As an ecosystem, it is currently valued at about $28 billion dollars!
ZenGo’s very own Shiba Inu
SHIB’s developer community is committed to making it more than the latest memecoin. In July 2021, the community launched Shibaswap, a peer-to-peer platform that allows SHIB token holders to trade, stake, and even earn interest on their tokens.
Large companies are starting to accept the Shiba Inu Coin, too; U.S. movie theater chain AMC recently announced it will accept SHIB as a payment (see below).
Why ZenGo is the perfect Shiba Inu crypto wallet
ZenGo offers a simple, intuitive, multichain interface to buy, send, receive and trade crypto. Protect your crypto with our bulletproof security, and invest with confidence knowing we have our legendary customer support agents standing by to help you, 24/7.
Our 3-Factor authentication process ensures that 1) no one but you can control your crypto, and 2) your wallet is backed up, so even if you lose your phone, you can recover your crypto through a simple 2-step verification process. See? Controlling your own crypto doesn’t need to be so ruff.
Here’s the best part: there’s no password to remember – or forget. No private keys to store – or lose. ZenGo recognizes that people often represent the weakest part of a security matrix, and we’ve built that into the wallet’s design. It’s magic…and a lot of advanced cryptography. Now that’s something to bark about!
How to buy SHIB or store SHIB on ZenGo
- Open your ZenGo crypto wallet (tap here to download ZenGo)
- Tap on “Actions” on the bottom of your screen
- Tap on “Receive” to transfer SHIB from another wallet, or “Buy” to buy SHIB through ZenGo
- Tap on “Shiba Inu”
- Give yourself a pat on the belly: You’ve done it 🙂
10 things you didn’t know about the Shiba Inu token (SHIB)
- The Shiba Inu token was launched in August 2020 as a competitor to Dogecoin.
- Since its official launch in 2020, a total of 1 quadrillion SHIB coins have been minted. That’s 1 with 15 zeros, or: 1,000,000,000,000,000!
- 50% of SHIB’s supply was unilaterally donated to Ethereum’s founder, Vitalik Buterin, who burned, or threw away, a vast majority of the tokens by sending the coins to a dead wallet address.
- In May 2021, Vitalik Buterin donated 50 trillion SHIB coins (then worth around $1 billion) to a crypto-based COVID-19 relief fund for India.
- Unlike Dogecoin’s creators who are well-known, the mysterious creator(s) of SHIB are known as Ryoshi. They published a 28-page white paper (or in their case, Woof-Paper) showcasing the principles behind the token.
- As of this posting, SHIB is now the 11th largest crypto by market cap, currently valued at about $28 billion.
- The SHIB community recently released a series of creative, colorful Shiba Inu-inspired NFTs called “shiboshis,” on the Ethereum blockchain. Check them out here.
- The community behind SHIB, also known as the #shibarmy, has nearly 2 million followers on Twitter and over 428,000 on Reddit as of publication.
- AMC Theatres, one of the largest movie theater chains in the world, recently announced they would also support SHIB as payment.
- Let’s talk about the dog itself! Shiba Inus are a beautiful breed of hunting dog, originally from Japan.
We ❤️ the SHIB community and are excited to support SHIB!
Start buying Shiba Inu tokens through ZenGo here.