Trade and Swap one crypto for another: Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum and 40+ cryptocurrencies, powered by our partnership with Changelly, the world’s leading crypto exchange platform.
Swap and Trade one crypto for another
Trade crypto anytime, anywhere: Across multiple blockchains in a few simple taps, directly through your ZenGo wallet. Enjoy some of the best trading rates for Bitcoin, Ethereum and dozens of other cryptocurrencies, powered by our partnership with Changelly, the world’s leading crypto exchange platform.
Swap Across Chains
While most crypto wallets support a single blockchain like ETH or BTC, as a multichain crypto wallet ZenGo is committed to being the go-to place for everything crypto, whether you’re a Bitcoin maximalist, hardcore Ethereum fan, or only buy Shiba Inu (SHIB). Trade from Bitcoin to Ethereum, Dogecoin (DOGE) to USDC – over 40 multichain assets means you have 1,000+ options.
ZenGo’s trading support for multiple blockchains means you don’t need 3 or 4 different crypto wallets to support each blockchain. That also means you don’t need multiple passwords to remember, forget, or lose!
Trade with Zero Paperwork
You’re going to love ZenGo’s multichain support and seamless integration with Changelly* – a win-win for your peace of mind and pocketbook. Unlike centralized exchanges that control your crypto, you control the entire crypto trading process.
Once the traded crypto lands in your account, it’s there, and it’s yours: HODL it, send it, or get up to 8% APY on it through ZenGo Savings!
Trading Crypto has Never Been Easier
You’re 3 taps away from crypto trading:
- Open your ZenGo account here
- Tap on “Actions” on the bottom of your screen
- Tap on “Trade” on the bottom right
Benefits of ZenGo’s
There are many reasons why it might make sense to take advantage of ZenGo Trade and swap one crypto for another. Below are two of examples.
Trading to diversify a crypto portfolio
Everyone’s aware of the saying “don’t put all of your eggs in one basket!” The same goes for investments in traditional finance and crypto. While you might have a deep belief that Bitcoin is the future, Ethereum will overtake Bitcoin, or a new blockchain is the next “Ethereum killer,” no one actually knows for sure what will happen.
Investment diversification, or spreading investments over multiple assets, is a well-known practice to hedge against ‘unknown-unknowns,’ the black swan events that no one can predict. Trading to rebalance a crypto portfolio is one way to diversify a crypto portfolio.
- One diversification approach is based on market capitalization – or to have investments mimic the percentage each cryptoasset reflects in the market. For example, if Bitcoin represents 70% of the crypto market, Ethereum represents 20%, Binance coin is 5%, etc – then a market-weighted portfolio would have 70% BTC, 20% ETH, 5% BNB, and so on. As the market shifts, trading to rebalance this portfolio would ensure these percentages remain consistent.
- Another diversification approach is known as the barbell investing approach. Just like a barbell with heavy weights on each end, this strategy focuses on investing in what are expected to be obvious winners and longterm investments on one end, and speculative potential upstarts on the other. First, an investor chooses the top few ‘winners’ they believe will always be a part of the crypto ecosystem, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, and allocates most of their portfolio towards these larger assets. On the other side of the barbell, the investor researches the most interesting up-and-coming crypto projects they believe will succeed, and allocates some of of the investment portfolio towards those projects.
Trading to increase or decrease risk
Crypto is considered a volatile investment, especially in the short-term. While the short-term risk and significant price fluctuations can be unnerving, many investors believe that the long-term expected returns make the rollercoaster ride worth it.
If the ride is getting too bumpy – however – investors may consider one of two options:
- Selling for fiat currency: Some investors will decide to sell some of their crypto for their local currency like U.S. dollars, especially if they have short-term financial obligations.
- Trading or swapping to stablecoins: Another option is to trade some of the more volatile crypto investments for stablecoins like USDC, which are pegged 1-to-1 to the U.S. dollar. By doing so, investors stay invested in the crypto ecosystem and maintain options to use the crypto in the future. In the sort-term, they might consider getting interest on their crypto (learn more here) or to trade to other, less volatile cryptoassets.
FAQ: ZenGo Trade
Q: What is ZenGo Trade?
A: ZenGo Trade allows you to trade (or swap) one cryptoasset for another cryptoasset of the same value. For example, you can trade $100 worth of Bitcoin for $100 worth of Ethereum (minus fees). The amounts of crypto are different for each asset, but the local currency value — dollars in this example — is the same.
Q: How do I trade?
A: Trading in ZenGo is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Open your ZenGo account here
- Go to the Actions tab on the home screen
- Select the asset to trade (i.e. the “From” asset)
- Select the asset to receive in return (i.e. the “To” asset)
- Enter the amount to trade
- Press “Continue” and review your trade
- Press “Confirm”
That’s it! Your trade order is submitted and you’ll be notified when it arrives.
Q: How do I know my trade has completed?
A: When you complete a trade order, you will see a “Trade Pending…” activity for the outgoing asset on your History screen. When your trade arrives, you will see a “Trade Received” activity for the incoming asset and receive a notification.
Q: Are there any fees associated with trading?
A: There are two types of fees related to trading:
- Processing fee & spread: Every transaction includes a 0.5% processing fee and a fee included in the asset spread: The spread is the difference in price between sellers and buyers. Other liquidity fees may apply depending on the asset. To ensure maximum transparency, fees you pay are deducted from the final amount on the confirmation screen and clearly displayed, so what you see when you approve the transaction is the actual amount you’ll receive in your ZenGo wallet.
- Network fee: This is the standard blockchain mining fee for processing transactions, the same as for sending regular transactions. It can vary depending on the asset, network congestion, and market conditions. Network fees are dynamic and change all the time. The network fee is in addition to the processing fee and you’ll see it clearly on the confirmation screen before completing the trade. For supported Ethereum tokens (ERC-20) you will need Ethereum to pay for the network fees.
Q: Which assets can I trade?
A: In general you can trade most assets supported in your ZenGo wallet. There may be certain asset pairs that are not supported for lack of liquidity, but this can change from time to time. The best way to check which pairs are currently available is by selecting them in the app. Want to trade an asset but can’t find it as an option? Reach out to us directly as we’re always looking to expand supported assets.
Q: How long does a trade take?
A: A trade can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on the asset pair and market conditions. You’ll receive a notification when your trade or swap arrives in your ZenGo wallet.
Q: Where is trading available?
A: Trade from almost everywhere the ZenGo wallet is available.
Q: Are there minimum and maximum amounts for trading?
A: There are minimum and maximum trade amounts for each asset pair which can vary based on market conditions. We try to optimize the minimum amounts so that the network fees paid to miners to process the transaction are never a significant portion of the total trade. You can see the current minimum and maximum amounts on the trade screen in the app.
If you’d like to trade more than the maximum amount, you can simply split your trade into multiple parts.
Q: Where can I get an answer to a question not listed here?
A: As always, our legendary customer service team is here to help, 24/7. Simply reach out via the in-app portal.
Why choose ZenGo’s wallet to trade crypto and swap crypto?
Unlike standard non-custodial crypto wallets, ZenGo’s breakthrough Multi-party Computation (MPC) technology replaces the traditional and notorious crypto private key with two independently created mathematical secret shares, while remaining on-chain and user-controlled.
Unlike crypto exchanges, ZenGo cannot access your funds, and unlike traditional non-custodial wallets, ZenGo supports account backup and recovery using a facial scan. This novel approach allows us to safely and seamlessly put full ownership and control of digital assets where they belong – in your hands – and no one else’s. It’s magic – and a lot of advanced cryptography. Learn more about ZenGo’s security standards here.